View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 05:17 PM
M is for Memory

If you wanted to start rebuilding CRTs as a business I don't think anyone would be bothered including the ETF.

The ETF has been accumulating CRT rebuilding equipment for over a decade and have been trying to get rebuilding going for over 6 years IIRC. Their main issue is there is nobody that lives local to the museum willing to learn and do the work... They did have Nick Williams (he goes by miniman82 on Videokarma) who learned the process and was going to move to Ohio and run the effort at the museum, but in the last few years he bought his own rebuilding equipment and IIRC indicated he was going to rebuild CRTs himself independent of and in competition with the museum.

Many collectors I have spoken with don't expect the ETF to ever offer a rebuilding service to collectors. Most of those collectors also wish they could pay someone to rebuild their CRTs. As far as I have seen if a viable rebuilding service becomes available it will have collector support and patronage regardless of who owns the service. Collectors were sending CRTs to (now closed) RACS in France to be rebuilt after the last American rebuilder retired.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 11-19-2020 at 11:21 AM.
Audiokarma