View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 09:24 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly0410 View Post
Noticed that Florida only has back plates, that wouldn't work here in England as most traffic violation cameras take a photo of the front of the car, it's naughty to not have a front plate & the cops will soon stop you. Motorbikes don't have a front plate & a lot of them seem to do what they like. Some naughty people use black insulating tape to change their number plates = make a C look like an O or an F an E etc, then the legal person receives a speeding or red light ticket & has a hell of a job convincing the cops he/she didn't do it, some just pay the fine & take the 3 points on their licence to save the hassle...
Here in Wisconsin you are supposed to have 2 plates, but Dad has been driving his Accord around without a front plate for a decade and despite being given speeding tickets has never been bothered for not having the front plate (the car never had a place to mount a front plate). For about 3 years I have been following his example with my Lincoln Mark V....when the first front bumper got messed up the front plate got chewed up and I simply unbolted the holder off the replacement front bumper to give me an excuse not to bolt on the chewed plate.

Here in Wisconsin there are not many traffic cameras, but you can get and get out of incorrect tickets.... Last year somewhere in Milwaukee a Landover with a different paint color( I know because the ticket had make, model, color, plate number and location parked listed) than my Suburban got a parking ticket and the meter maid recorded my plate number by mistake....I made some calls explaining I'd never been in that area and that my plate had only been on GM vehicles and the ticket was dismissed as the mistake it was.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 07-05-2019 at 10:21 AM.