View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:02 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I suspect a power problem since it looks like "several" things look subpar....no vertical, ALMOST no horizontal....and that sound problem all make me think the set is generally starving. Are you still on the variac?

From what I see, and you describe "sound" at all, looks like you DO likely have a tuner, IF, reception and at least SOMETHING that looks like HV.

Glad to see this set at least coming along. I've always been fascinated by this particular form factor with the REAL high deflection CRTS and the overall slim profile. I still own NO tube set...and will likely look for something like this as my first one. I'm in an apartment, so no room for a big 'ol roundie. Shame what happened to the front of this set.

I bet back in the day, it was astonishing to see a large screen that could sit on a book case. Sort of the precurser to the whole "flat screen" thing.

Last edited by AiboPet; 07-01-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Audiokarma