View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 04:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

"That television station, like every other Cleveland television station, is licensed to and is obligated to cover all of northeastern Ohio."

Not true... There is an FCC-regulated obligation to have a certain level of signal in the stations "city of License" which is Shaker Heights but absolutely *no* obligation to cover all of northeastern Ohio.

" What will I have to do to get the station, and channel eight, with an antenna, like I did years ago when I lived in an eastern Cleveland suburb? "

Move! Sorry for the flippant sounding answer, but lets review the facts, you have tried 3 different indoor antennas that provided no reception on these 2 channels. Online reception prediction sites basically are predicting no reception with an indoor antenna, and you seem reluctant to install a proper outdoor antenna.

" Even 15 years ago, when I moved here from that suburb, I could get channel 19 fairly well on an indoor antenna"

According to information on the FCC site, at one time channel 19 had 3700 kW (YES 3.7 Million watts) of analog power... I don't know the history here (money problems, poor engineering, whatever) but they ended with 3.5 kW (or perhaps 9.5 kW by authority of a STA) on channel 10, which is limited in power because of a channel 10 in Canada... It seems to me as if some poor choices were made.

jr