View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 08:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

A member on ARF sent me some pictures of his 614A back. I then leveled it and cropped it. Then I imported it into my CAD program drawing that I had the outline of the back already drawn using my cabinet for dimensions. I then scaled the picture to "full size" and superimposed my drawing over the picture. Of course it wasn't perfect due to the fact that the picture isn't a "flat" layout of the back. Some distortion was expected. I then drew the details of the cooling holes and the cut out for the CRT/Centering handle.
I then used my cabinet with the chassis mounted and got the dimensions for the antenna terminal strip cut out, the interlock cut out and the H. Lin control cut out.
Tomorrow I'll print it out full size and cut a trial fit out of some poster board. Make the corrections needed and then print it out again and start cutting the Masonite.
Please note that the mounting holes actually show the the shape of the cabinet and not what is needed to cut out on the back. The back have will proper width slots.

Last edited by Crist Rigott; 12-26-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Audiokarma