View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 08:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sony 5-307UW vertical stretch / fold over issue - Please help! :(

Hello, everyone,

About while back, I found a Sony 5-307 for 10 bucks in really nice physical condition. However, I quickly found out it didn't work... I recapped the sweep board, and now I have clear sound and a 'picture.' However, the picture is way too tall -- stretched to the point you can easily see the scanning lines and also folded over.

Please see attached pictures.

It was obvious someone else worked on the set before I got it, as there were a couple of replaced components (possibly incorrect values...) and an *added* capacitor from ground to the one of the terminals of the vertical coil on the yoke. Removing this seemed to make the issue better, but not correct. I guess he/she was trying to fix the same problem at one point, but it looked like guesswork. It also seems there may be a missing component from the sweep board, as I see two holes in the sweep board where it seems there should be something (see final photo)

I can't seem to find a service manual or schematic, so I'm flying blind. Any of you guys that work on these sets have any advice?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1293.jpg (58.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1294.jpg (58.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1295.jpg (75.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1296.jpg (47.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1297.jpg (76.2 KB, 27 views)