View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 08:35 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
I've had teeth extracted without anesthetic, I've bitten myself with the 10kV on a late 40s ten incher, I've been the lucky recipient of more than a few RF and radiation burns, but by far the worst pain known to man is a hot soldering iron burn...
Oh yeah, I've been burned twice by soldering irons. Got a big blister on the middle finger of my left hand last time. I was using my other hand to hold the board so it was bound to happen. The other time I was jabbed in the back of the hand by someone else when he wasn't paying attention. To add insult to injury it was my iron.

Also, I've been bitten four times with line voltage. The first time I was a lot younger and got curious about a surface-mount light switch without a cover while shoeless on a concrete floor. The second time was because of a challenge from the super. He had scrapped a couple of motel sets and had a radio from one powered up with bare wires. He could hold onto a live line no problem, but that was probably because of all the booze in his system. The last two times were just because of carelessness, lesson learned. It may not be as painful but it's close. At least that pain doesn't linger.

Finally, never try to catch a falling soldering iron, you'll never catch the handle.