View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 11:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

The vertical linearity is not the caps (I wish it was that easy), I tested all of them, they are perfect. It's a rather low hour set I used to use. I do remember it always doing this, just was never setup properly in the factory, just like the geometry which I fixed by working on the yoke. I'm lucky the S-amp (I think that's what it's called?) was perfectly set, so it has really no horizontal distortion in moving objects, due to the flat faced lens on the tube.

I'm really hoping someone will find the service menu code. There's only one I find online, and that's Volume to 0, hit mute, then press and hold mute while holding menu on the TV for 3 seconds. That doesn't work either, just like the other one where you hit mute on the set itself, which this TV doesn't even have that button on the set.

It appears this TV is a clone of a Sony set, as it looks blatantly like a copy of a Sony from around the same time. But as zeno said, it's a really good picture on it otherwise, I'm surprised at how well it is.