View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 10:20 PM
M is for Memory

Technically I have wired phone. It comes through the cable TV service coax along with internet and TV...It even supports pulse dialing so I have some 1940's-60's phones connected.

Some friends of mine when they got houses did not bother to get a number for the building, but still wanted the phone wires in the walls to have a purpose so they got a Bluetooth adapter...All the old wired phones they have now act as bluetooth headsets to their cell...It is kinda handy if your phone is charging in a far room of the house and you want to answer or make a call without getting up.

My family has a cabin up north far enough in the wilderness that the only utilities are electricity and twisted pair phone wiring (we never signed up for phone)...A year or two back I was curious and bored so I tried patching in to the phone utility box for the buried cable on the edge of the property and confirmed dial tone existed...That is probably the newest twisted pair system I've seen. Most here in the states are older than me and often TERRIBLY neglected by the utility. Many are missing their covers and have garbage bags jip tied over to try and keep the rain out...In Florida ten years ago (last place I lived where we had it for long enough for me to use it) the system was not great...If there was a big rainstorm the lines would get wet enough to malfunction.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 01-14-2019 at 10:27 PM.