View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 01:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi to all,
Hi Pjaska,

I agree with JohnCT's comments, these 5" color TVs with in-line tubes have no barrel or pincushion adjustments.

I have a personal fondness for tiny Color sets & collect many.

Due to extreme forum file size limitations, i unfortunately cannot post any of the service manuals i archived (pdf) but if you send me a PM with a mail address, i can send you some & you can see for yourself the "fiddling" procedures to obtain a visually acceptable result; usually a mix of centering tabs, wedges under the yoke & more rarely, weak plastic/ferrite magnets.

I have several Goodmans, Roadstar SM's, note that these TVs are pretty generic varying mainly with which high pin-count "do it all" IC the manufacturer selected.

They were also sold under a bewildering number of brands, i've created a txt text file i update on a regular basis to keep track of who did what/when, etc. just for the fun of it.

Just a last minute thought, don't discount possible magnetization during shipping, presence of a metal mass near the TV, external speakers with a leaking magnetic field.
The automatic Power-on degaussing is often quite weak in these small sets. Some have a manual "Degauss" push button.

I have a 2 ft diameter AC powered degaussing loop, very useful for large vintage color sets.

Best Regards
jhalphen
Paris/France

Last edited by jhalphen; 09-30-2023 at 01:44 PM.