View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 05:44 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
Yep. His homepage is among my very oldest faves, from about '97 when I first got internet access. He's hands down the Grand Master of AA5 modding/hotrodding and a lot of related neat stuff too.
Bob Casey is in a "mode" I wish I could forever be in - playing with electronics. I had 6 months of "free time" back in 1989-1990, at sea on the Forrestal. I was selected to go to the cal lab as a repair tech - they had a backlog of both calibration items and repair items, and I was given a chance to prove myself, so I did, working myself out of a job, and right into "play mode" - building noisemakers, fixing discarded/off-inventory Fluke meters (13 of them...) and I even got to fix an arcade machine for the officer's wardroom. Then it was on to VCR repair for crewmembers (all idlers and belt kits..). My last big project was an old Wavetek function generator - all analog wave shaping, and the dang thing went to microHertz. In pulse mode, I had to wait 10,000 seconds to see an output, so off to chow while it transitioned. I never went back to that mode again - all work in other specialties, with an ever-increasing management role.

Play on Bob....
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Audiokarma