View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Convergence freak!

Hehe, thing im goona keep this one around for a while, but if I ever do decide to part with it, you guys will be the first to know!

I got done with the alignment tonight. This set is fairly easy to converge, believe it or not it has a board with 6 pots dedicated to convergence. It's so engineered (overengineered) that it had an access panel in front of the set just under the controls in the door that you remove 4 screws and there are the RGB drive adjustments. Along with these adjustments are switches to turn on and off each drive to the guns. I realigned the yoke positioning, convergence and purity and greyscale. Looks 100 times better then before.
The 30" CRT in 1981/82 must have been the beginning of the giant CRT's. Did Sony produce the forst CRT to be over 25". I think they were producing 27" CRT's before this 30" weren't they?

Anyway thanks for the comments and the help! It always makes a tv repair much more fun when I can share it on VK.

Last edited by freakaftr8; 05-14-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: multiple typos.. tired..