Thread: I lost it all.
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
My folks always advised me 'never get involved with a woman that has alcohol, drug, or gambling addiction. Their addiction means more to them than literally anyone or thing that will ever be in their life and those around them will suffer'. I feel bad for those who are born into that situation.
No kidding, any alcohol or drug use at all would be a deal-breaker for me. Now that all of the loadies around here can blaze up legally it will be easier to separate the wheat from the chaff. Fortunately individual places can still ban it; my building has, we had to sign and return notices agreeing to not use or grow chron here.

I wasn't born into such a situation but was railroaded into one at age 4 when my mom took in a controlling SOB whose drinking kept getting worse until it finally killed him in 2003. He treated both of us horribly but I was the primary target. Perhaps it was some kind of protection circuit if you will that made my interests shut down for a few years and slowly restart when all was clear. I reckon that's one reason for the LFOD attitude I have these days and that I'll go as many rounds as it takes with any MFer who tries to mess with me.