View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:27 PM
Workin' Late Again

Setchell Carlson Model 15

I stumbled across this set last week on our local CL. I actually looked at it more than once and didn't even recognize what it was. The first picture is as it was in the CL ad. Anyhow at about 9pm last Thursday evening, I was again looking at the ad when I happened to look over at my model 2500 and a light went off. Darned if it wasn't the same exact knob lineup and spacing. As far as I can tell the two sets share the same main chaises. However this model 15 has at least a couple earlier versions of the sub chassis modules. I was completely unaware that an earlier model 15 even existed, as it's not listed in Riders or Sams documentation. Some time in the past somebody had replaced the focus pot with an extended shaft version, and so the nameplate and two knobs were removed and I suppose left behind when the set changed hands. As dumb luck would have it I found replacements for those items in my stash of Setchell Carlson parts I have been hording. So I am very excited to have run across an earlier version Setchell Carlson with a round picture tube. If anyone has or knows of any more info on this set I would be grateful to hear more about it. I'll post more pictures of the chassis when I get into it.

[

Last edited by Kevin Kuehn; 11-30-2018 at 10:43 AM.