View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 09:36 AM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by decojoe67 View Post
Very cool and very uncommon sets. Value-wise I would say it's pretty moderate due to the simple lines, but still pretty rare. Amazing you had the hardware to make the tabletop complete. Without it would've killed it's value. Setchell-Carlson is a mysterious company. I have a factory radio from 1940 from them and not only is the factory schematics hand drawn, but there're are rather odd elements to the set and crudely done assemblies. It must been a fairly small operation, at least in the early days.
Hey Joe, I agree they're not much to look at. They are first most of historical significance to me because I basically live in the back yard of Setchell Carlson country, being only about 100 miles from where these were manufactured. The extra parts I had on hand actually came from a very poor 2nd example of my 2500. I found those two sets only a few years apart. It's hard telling just what else could show up from this company around here. When Setchell Carlson came out with that radio nicknamed "The Jet", they really broke the boring mold. Oddly enough I've never run across one of those locally.

Last edited by Kevin Kuehn; 11-30-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spell check