View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 01:40 PM
M is for Memory

It could stabilize at a rediculously high vertical frequency and loose the 3Hz.

So after finding strange voltages on the vertical mult grid and plate that couldn't be accounted for with caps and resistors in the circuit I started paralleling caps to see if I could change the frequency...then I jumped the home made vertical feedback K network and suddenly I had normal vertical deflection that would collapse and return at 3Hz. At that point I correctly suspected that micas in the homemade network were shorted. Sure enough one had less than 1k ohm on it. Swapping it got vertical deflection back. I think the 100V micas whoever built the network used for this were a bit undersized for the application...I only had one spare so for now the other 2 caps in that network will be run to fail status.

I think I know why the HV doesn't have much oomph. The negative grid voltage on the output tube is only -34v when it should be -65v... still have to figure out the cause of that and the weak color but now I atleast have picture to diagnose by.

Also it seems like someone played musical chairs with the screen wires...green blue and red screen pots all adjust the wrong primary...time for some lead tracing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20201102_122017319.jpg (78.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20201102_123803726.jpg (64.9 KB, 21 views)

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 11-02-2020 at 01:44 PM.