View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 06:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Brilliant new idea. Buy a FM xmtr and use it everywhere with no cables hanging out of the chairside. Park it on a shelf. Found this one on the interweb. Arrived today and it is great. Comes in two power modes. 0.1w or 0.5w switchable. Adjustable from 76mhz to 108mhz. Line or mic inputs. Line off my little MP3 player did the trick. 50-15000hz freq. range. They make a 1.0w/7.0w version also but I did not want black helicopters circling overhead. And I could pick it up 200' away in the yard at 0.1w.

And I am using it with my dummy Philco console cabinet I got for $20 and filled with a BIN Panasonic 70's receiver and an stray KLH bookshelf speaker at Kutztown. Just a fishtank radio for fun and it is great.

And the Astatic needle arrived also and a quick push-in got that going. Real vinyl noise filling the room. Now to look at checking/replacing the tweeters or crossover caps to get some highs back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fmxmtr.jpg (44.6 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 10-11-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: text