View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
If you replaced the Horiz osc board with a known good one, move on, If you have a known good voltage divider and want to replace it, do so, then move on. With parts of the Horiz. circuit out of the way, move on over to the flyback, and parts that may be mounted near it.

You will have to check items on the chassis that are part of the horiz. that are not on the module.

When you say diodes had their leads cut then resoldered, did they cut one side, then resolder, or cut both sides...? Both sides may mean they chose to replace the part from on top of the board, I have seen that before, cutting one side may just be to test it with a vom.
They cut only one lead and resoldered. I'm assuming they were testing, found nothing and soldered the leg back. No replacements were done.

Okay, just purchased a Tektronix 465M Oscilloscope, NIST-certified, Guaranteed & NIST calibrated off ebay. Hopefully it will be here around this time next week.

So I guess I'll just change the divider and let her be until the scope arrives. Now you said I need two probes? If so, I'll order another of the one I already have.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650