View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanAlley View Post
They cut only one lead and resoldered. I'm assuming they were testing, found nothing and soldered the leg back. No replacements were done.

Okay, just purchased a Tektronix 465M Oscilloscope, NIST-certified, Guaranteed & NIST calibrated off ebay. Hopefully it will be here around this time next week.

So I guess I'll just change the divider and let her be until the scope arrives. Now you said I need two probes? If so, I'll order another of the one I already have.
A 465M is a really good scope, one of my favorites, Calibration certified means you can get your money back if you decide to sell one day. I bet it was expensive, be sure you get the papers. Be sure to get probes so you can use it when you get it.

2 probes are an option, your scope will get a trigger signal off whatever you apply to one channel, the second probe is just in case you need to use a separate trigger source, good idea to have for some needs. Be sure you get ones with 1x 10x options and trimmer adjustment for capacitance, this will match impedance properly. Your scope has a square wave test point on its front, attach the probe, and adjust the trimmer to get a nice square wave with no overshoot, or loading (rounding of the square edges).

Just for the heck of it, when you just set that tv up to run as normal, and wack it a few times does anything happen to either the sound or picture that would indicate any loose connections, since this is a module set, any indication of disturbance while hitting it may mean you have bad plugs, or connectors on the boards....?

Last edited by Username1; 09-09-2013 at 05:33 PM.