View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
i used too watch PBS all the time.Now they just keep repeating everything.The indies used too be good before Fox came to life back in the mid 1980's and the other indies got gobbled up from the other so called networks"WB.CW,UPN,PAX and others I cant remember.

TBS and WGN kept to themselves.

I used to enjoy watching .WPIX,WWOR,WNEW,WSBK,WLVI, and the local indies on cable.Thank goodness the memories live on Youtube and in my video tape collection.These stations used to run all the off network syndi series and other first run syndi shows all the time which now available on those DTV sub channels,Hulu ,Youtube and DVD.

Indie TV was great before all that happen.

Network TV was great before all these late night talk shows besides Johnny Carson.I missed the late movies on CBS ,The current CBS Saturday late night is great to watch.Also the station signoff.Nobody does that anymore unless they have to work on the transmitter or antenna.
I remember those days too. In Pittsburgh, our PBS stations would go off the air around midnight or so, usually thr last programs was "The Star Hustler.." WTAE-TV, the ABC station would sign off around 12:30 or so after "Nightline." KDKA-TV was always 24 hours, even as WDTV from 1949 with the Dumont Network because of the steel industry, you had a certain number of view who came home from the swing shift. I remember the CBS Late Movies especially in the summer. I remember staying up for the whole "Jim Jones, People's Temple" story when I had swollen glands when I was 15 in 1981 and could not sleep. I also remember seeing Kolchak, Night Stalker and Columbo too. Those were the days.
Audiokarma