View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 06:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Read somewhere that with a DIN3 connector Pin one is the output pin two ground pin three input.

I had been just inserting the cut off end of an rca cable by tying the two hot wires together and put that in whatever slot makes a hum, and tie the grounds together and find which of the other two slots pass signal.

This does allow inputting a signal, but is less than ideal in that even though I separated the wires to prevent shorts*, the sound has a really rolled off top end.
Hoping that the correct "tool for the job" would restore full bandwidth like the radio signal gives.

* For the photo.removed the little toothpick separator I had inserted between the wires there as a stopgap anti-short measure.

Telefunken Opus 7's input:

a reply elsewhere said the following:
"A y-cable like you've made is fine for splitting an output, but it's a bad idea to use one for summing outputs.
A basic summing matrix uses three resistors of the same value joined in a Y shape. The two top points are the inputs, the center of the Y is the output, and the bottom point is ground. 10Kohm is probably a good value to try."

Telefunken Gavotte's inputs:

Now I'm confused because the same cable on the Gavotte sounds fantastic. Why won't the same configuration work with the Opus 7? In any case, a cable for the purpose would be fantastic to locate.

Last edited by shedshrine; 08-29-2018 at 10:20 PM.