View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
I should really get a good pair of work gloves and use the right tools for the job but I never learn. Right now lefty is damaged in two places; the palm took a beating scraping paint off an old table with a mini nut driver, and while digging around under the living room radiator for a lost alignment tool I found a piece of glass instead. It put quite a slice in the side of the second finger. I disposed of a used-up CRT recently and thought I had gotten all the glass but no joy.
Sailors collect tattoos, real men collect scars.....

Tom - sorry to hear of the injury - keep it clean and dry. Cellulitis is a real pain. When I was 14, I was "climbing" shelf-to-shelf amongst my Dad's junk chassis (800 sq ft, all shelves), and fell - scraped my palm across a Sylvania circuit board bottom. 32 little lacerations, only got one stitch and 3 weeks of healing. All that for a 5600 ohm 7W resistor - "Dad, don't buy one, I know where one is...." He had the resistor, but had to clean the blood off. Be careful guys, and get those tetanus shots too.

Get a set of work gloves - Walmart here had the polyurethane grip type on clearance, sadly I didn't grab a pair. I od like the Mechanix kind, but they do snag a lot in electronics. No ideal pair out there for me.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!