View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:35 AM
M is for Memory

B&K 1075/1076/1077 family analysts; they can be big (older ones are smaller), but they are one of the most useful pieces of test equipment out there for TV signal injection. And can help in diagnosing everything from tuner issues to confusing sweep problems.

Normal tube tester wise I've been using a B&K 606 dynajet for close to 20 years now they are small, a little better than a run of the mill emissions tester and reliable. Mine has always done a good job of weeding out the dead tubes from the good ones.

A flyback/yoke ring tester like an EICO 944 is a good tool to have. (though if you get an analyst that feature is built in)

A CRT test jig is good to have for consoles. If your doing monochrome only an IIRC 8AXP4 is probably all you need, though a telematic jig with one, a case for it, and interconnect/extension/adaptor cables is nice. If you plan to do color a color jig usually consists of a 19" CRT at smallest so that may be out.

I know you want to do video injection, but %80+ of sets made after 1955 are still in good enough of alignment to work as is. And a decent portion require video amplification and or inversion for injection to work as well as isolation for hot chassis sets. In many cases, it is easier to use RF.
I would try to obtain a Blonder Tongue AM60, AM40, or BAVMz (the BAVM is fixed channel so pick a good channel) family modulator. If you make a dipole the correct length for your channel for the modulator you can turn any of the modulators output up high enough to transmit clear video and sound throughout the lot of a good sized suburban home...Possibly the whole block if your system is optimized...If you do this get a small NTSC portable TV to check your range/signal quality.

That is about all I can think of.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4