View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

there are two diodes in the power supply one has a connection to the ground, that is X1, it connect to X2, find the other side of X2 that is where you read to instead of the ground, see the Sams resistance pin reading charge, see the table explaining the symbols. some readings will be noted with symbols that tell you to read not to ground but some other place like the output of X2.

pin 6 of V11 read to the output of X2, should be 60k

sometime polarity or adj pots will effect these, sometimes sams is just wrong, sometime there are big variance and it does not matter, but its a starting point, after you narrow down the offending stage. A scope is a better tool for diagnosis, but you can do a lot just checking parts if you know where to look.

most of the time its going to be an open plate load resistor, a bad solder joint, a broken wire, this is why I discourage excessive cleaning and handling (wire and solder joint issues).

the number one thing to do is to wiggle the tubes in the circuit. poor contacts due to heat cycling is a big problem. cleaning the pins is a solution but I prefer to not mess with it until I have a base line run.

Last edited by DaveWM; 04-17-2015 at 09:23 PM.