View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 08:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Doug,

Thank you for this great step by step explanation. I now get it. I resisted you in the past because I misunderstood what you were saying. You were talking about Photoshop and I heard manipualation. Manipulation to me is photo editing to make the photo look better then it was and that's still true. In the context of what you are now saying it's not manipulation. I don't have a computer at the moment, so I'm using an iPad Air.

In my post#50 above, photos 3,4 and 5, is in a way the same test, but we did it backwards. We took all photos first. Then we got the idea to see if we could see pristine photos of the same movie. By luck and pure chance, we found a near identical pristine widescreen screenshot of my image #3. You can see it comes close to the original pristine photo but the roundie 21CT55 cuts off almost 50% of the image! If We had the pristine photo first, we could have adjusted the saturation a bit lower on the 21CT55.

I'm hearing rumors of a new iMac coming soon to replace a now two year old model. We will purchase at that time. We moved to a new home last May and we didn't bother hooking up the old PC because it's too slow.

Last edited by etype2; 02-23-2017 at 08:53 PM.