View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 07:21 PM
M is for Memory

I finished the recap earlier, and now am sort of satisfied with the picture.

Seems like the alignment is goofy. On rabbit ears and my TX it does not get enough signal to produce sufficient contrast, and chroma is very noisy, it only seems to get sound on the ragged edge of the picture finetuning, and AGC does not seem to do anything. Feeding it directly with a VCR gives plenty of contrast and less chroma noise also optimum chroma, luminance and sound get close enough to have all fairly decent to optimum simultaneously (also the AGC has an effect). Can't totally ditch the chroma noise though (thinking about it maybe the garage fluorescents are interfering).

I think it is about time to harvest the 21AXP22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKozk2 View Post
Tom,
The power transformer on my CTC5f gets quite hot after about an hour and a half of usage. At the ETF Wayne , old tv nut told me because the transformer is potted it tends to run hotter. I've been operating my set with a voltage regulated isolation transformer.
Ed
Good to know. I need to keep an eye out for more of them. I've got 4 but 5 of the 4 are needed by sets (it would be more if I did serious watching on more of my collection).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4