View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 10:22 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
Two words: heated garage... I set up a 5kW electric heater in my garage for such occasions, let it run for a full day before starting repairs. It doesn't change the fact that cars are absolutely filthy in the winter, but it sure takes the edge off. It was - 30C outside when the front main seal on my truck took a dump last winter. I think there's no getting around the fact that extreme weather provokes failures, gotta be prepared to deal with it.
Tried that once with a space heater and my uninsulated garage...The roof is tall and there is no ceiling...If the space heater did anything for the day it was on than what it did was all well above my head...All the air at ground level was still colder than a witches titty. At this point, any job I'm prepared to do on a car is cheaper to have a shop do than do comfortably in the winter...Granted We've had occasional freak 45f days in January (ballanced by blizzards in early May). A friend used to have a heated garage I could sometimes use till he moved away from his folks...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4