View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:54 PM
AK Member

That's the cabinet style of mine, I've got the receipt where it was bought in 1961 for $1500.00. It does have the remote, the chassis in between the amps and below the tuner is the remote receiver. I'm still looking for the hand unit. The sound of these sets is amazing. The cabinet is one reason for the sound, the speaker system is sealed up and there is a tunnel between the two sides, it's right behind the remote receiver. These sets are a prime example of what happens if the bean counters don't watch the engineer's closely. I drove over 1000 miles on a weekend to pick mine up from the original owner, he gave me the owners manual, original receipt, and the demonstration record that came with it, I just wish he hadn't lost the remote. That's a nice looking unit, grab it if you can, you won't be dissapointed. BTW all I've done to mine since I bought it almost 2 years ago was replace a 5U4 on each of the amplifiers and several dial lamps. It's absolutely hum free and all the filter cans are running cool.