View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:46 AM
On Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs
So, Charlie, I'd enjoy that oldies station in Jersey while it's playing oldies, as the next time your ship passes through the town where the station is located the format may be entirely different.
It's been nearly two years since I've actually been there on the ship, but since finding that station, I still continue to listen on the internet. They play live streaming except when ball games are going on. I really do wish there were more stations like this. Have a listen if you like...

http://www.wmtram.com/

Their streaming audio plays great. I'm listening right now, and I'm using my cel phone to connect to the internet.

I found this station when we were in Bayonne and I had to go ashore to the doctor's office to have a body of foreign matter removed from my eye (yeah that was a real treat). As I was sitting waiting to see the doc, they had and old 70's looking radio playing this station. I was hooked at that point. After that, I'd always listen while we were in port.

While I'm at home, I'll play my old tube sets on a variety of stations from other areas. In the evenings, the "trucker" stations play older country tunes. In the mornings, KROF 960 in Abbeville, LA plays cajun tunes till noon. I also find some country tunes on KWKH 1130 in Shreveport, LA in the evenings.

Our AM stations here in the Beaumont / Port Arthur area are all news, talk, and Christian stations. Years ago, KOLE used to play Big Band, but now it's news and talk. That was the last of our good music to hear on AM.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.