View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 07:21 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I had a 3/5 tonne Urbanizer 4X3 & a Wiesel to boot. You could only get the Weasel w/a 4.11 back in '82, 45-50 MPH was the realistic top speed. 65 was possible, but it was in Major Patne at that, & anything beyond the valves wanted to float Me & Generous Motors put 3 motors in it B4 I hollered "Calfrope ! & got a Wagoneer Limited in '88. But except for the verdammte motor, its TOUGH to beat a Urbanizer, for what all they can haul. In fact, if you CAN'T haul something in one, you gotta aks yrself "Do I REALLY need this ?!?"...Boy, we had Big Fun in Sandy's Suburban Social club back in the day, too-I'm pretty sure a couple kids were conceived in it. Mine had Captain's Chairs, but I could still get a good 8-10 people in it. They'd all get in the "Back-Back"behind the 3rd seat where I couldn't swat 'em. I bought a Blaupunkt Berlin & 4 Jensen Triaxials & THAT tickled everybody, too. Had more fun in The Urbanizer than I've had in any other vehicle, before or since. Just wish that 6.2 litre Weasel hadn't been such an unmitigated POS-I might still have it...