View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 03:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
UPDATE, DECEMBER 9, 2018, DAY 131

Progress continues. There was a power resistor in the screen grid section of the horizontal output tubes that showed very intermittent results with the ohm meter test. It had to be replaced. The original was a chassis mount which is unobtainable. I replaced it with a modern day film type flameproof resistor and it is mounted on to terminal strips. Also, today I finished wiring in the new Vertical Dynamic Convergence transformer. It was necessary to extend the leads in order to make them fit to the proper terminals under the chassis. I also installed a plastic grommet where the wires feed through to the bottom of the chassis from the top. Then I used electronic lacing tape to further strain relief the wires so they are out of the way and close to the top of the chassis. During the process, I replaced the two 6 KV capacitors that are part of the tuning circuits for the convergence adjustments. The wiring from the techs before me was a real mess. I’m sure that if you compare the original bottom view, you will see what I mean.

(Author: Look at second photo in post #97 to see what Mike is talking about)

The following pictures are:
1. The modified screen resistor. The one on the towel in the foreground is the one that was removed.
2. The underside showing the plastic grommet where the high voltage wires feed through from the new transformer. One wire is already connected here.
3. The wires after installation and the electronic lacing tape (double wrapped) to secure the wires to the chassis, out of the way.
4. The finished transformer wiring with the newly installed 6 KV capacitors.

See full resolution photos here: https://visions4netjournal.com/westinghouse/#

Last edited by etype2; 12-10-2018 at 03:53 AM.