View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
I still don't see any justification why you took something that was not yours in the first place. Why did you feel entitled? What makes you so special?

And why do you think the Sony should be yours and not someone else's? It's still theft no matter how you try to explain it.

Grow up and learn to be responsible.

Not when its an item that they don't even take anymore! DID YOU NOT READ WHAT I SAID?!
I said that Goodwill has a nationwide policy now in effect that they absolutely will NOT take TVs of any kind anymore, not LCDs not CRTs, NOTHING! So its not stealing when its an item they aren't even going to take in the first place! The previous owner gave up their ownership of the TV the moment they dumped their TV off on the outside of that Goodwill Dropbox, and since it was outside of the dropbox and not inside of it, it was technically dumped there, which means that it neither belongs to goodwill and neither to the previous owner, which by the way, if you've ever seen the outside of a goodwill dropbox you'll see a sign posted plain as day that says "Dumping is illegal, anyone caught dumping outside of this box will be fined!" so technically taking anything OUTSIDE of the dropbox is no different than picking through someone's trash. So I guess I could say using your line of reasoning that if someone caught you or someone else on here digging through someone's trash on trash day to save an old TV from being trashed by the garbage man, one could call the police on you or anyone else on here and say that you were stealing from that person and face jailtime because the way you're reasoning it out is that if someone is dumping or trashing something its still theirs and that you have no right to take it because its considered stealing, even though you know the item isn't going to be used anymore and its just going to the landfill. So yeah, I really don't see your line of reasoning and how it works considering that you and other people on here do the same exact thing all the time by picking through people's trash just so you can "rescue" a 1960s vintage TV that is destined for the landfill, you're using a double standard, and that's not very sensible.

Using your same line of reasoning, what's make you feel entitled to take people's TVs that they clearly put out to the curb for the garbage man to haul off and then haul it home and restore it and put it to use? See yet again another double standard, it has nothing to do with "feeling entitled or wanting to steal something" it has to do with trying to save a perfectly good TV from getting taken to the landfill, because that's where that TV would of ended up anyhow since Goodwill doesn't accept TVs anymore!

Besides you're comment you just made was pointless, I actually took the TV back anyhow so it doesn't even matter!

Last edited by Captainclock; 10-26-2015 at 09:54 PM.