View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
You said that many of the stations you can receive have as many as five (!) digital HD and/or SD subchannels; that's amazing. How many standard TV stations did you receive in your area before DTV?
About 15-20 including the low power stations. Since the DTV transition several more low power stations have come on the air. Most don't interest me. But there are a few good ones like RTV, Antenna TV, ThisTV, AccuWeather, PBS World. Was just looking at the TV Guide info, one channel KWDA-LP has 9 sub-channels listed!

I have tried a couple of other antennas including a new Winegard thinking the old one wasn't doing as well as it could and maybe I could improve reception of LP stations. However, nothing performed as well as this old RS-Antennacraft antenna on UHF! I think it has to do with the folded or loop dipole UHF driven element used. That's the main visible difference between this and a similar sized Winegard that simply didn't have the signal strength. Antennacraft still sells antennas. Saw one at a Home Depot a year or so ago by the "GE" name, GE TV24767 was the number. I recall someone who went looking for one found out Home Depot discontinued it.

As I found it, before my modification...

Antenna as advertised by RS in 1995

Last edited by Ed in Tx; 12-13-2011 at 09:52 PM.