View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 05:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

I used to have one of those 12" GEs with the SF chassis in avocado green.

So I like this set more that I thought I would, been watching it all week. But it does have one problem, light and dark vertical bars across the screen. It's not as bad as the pic below makes it look though, I adjusted it to make the problem most visible. I won't have any time to look into it until December, but are there any common causes of this?

I'm not even really sure if I should start poking around the horizontal, or if this rather has something to do with video output or IF. I've seen horizontal problems show up as a single bright vertical line, or a few vertical lines (usually narrower than these), combined with bad horiz linearity. It was like the picture was compressed horizontally around the lines, or the lines were being caused by the electron beam being deflected too slowly for brief periods of time. But this doesn't look like that, the picture isn't compressed around the bright lines, which is why I think this might have something to do with video output and not horizontal.

Last edited by Adam; 04-08-2017 at 07:13 PM.