View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:47 AM
M is for Memory

I believe that FPs convert analog signals (when a digital input is not used) to a digital image then process it in the same way as a digital input....So if the synch detector of the analog to digital converter was lousy it might be possible for a flat panel to "loose synch".
Also on digital signals if the signal drops out temporarily and the screen gets pixelated/ moving scenery get distorted that is sort of like loosing synch. To help compress digital video signals parts of the image that remain unchanged for multiple frames are only sent once, and only the parts that move or change are sent thereafter. So if the signal is disrupted momentarily part of the motion/change data will be missing or wrong and cause the parts of the image that are changing from frame to frame to be out of synch (and or distorted) with the station. Because sometimes the change/motion data can be based on the previous frames motion/change data being received correctly the errors from the missing data can exacerbate them selves over several frames until the next COMPLETE frame is transmitted.

I think the pixels of a flat panel would disqualify it from being a direct incarnation of that system because, though FPs don't really have to use scanning, they are still splitting an image into pieces for transmission and reassembling them for reception/display.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4