View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 12:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the info. I'm fairly certain the line from the external pump to the filter is ok, but it was leaking from the fitting on the fuel line that goes from the external pump to the in-tank pump where it attaches to the external pump. So I'm just going to replace just the one line now, especially because I can still get to the external pump to filter line after I put the tank back, but will have to lower the tank again to replace the one going to it.

If I do have to replace the external pump to filter line, I might try the rubber hose method, but for this one I can't get to again without lowering the tank I want something permanent so I've been experimenting with removing and attaching the fittings from the line I have and am fairly certain I can do this with the heat gun method now. The hard part actually seems to be not overheating the line.

I cut up my existing fuel line doing it, so I had to order more. I ordered 5/16 nylon fuel line, fittings, clips, and a new seal for where the filler neck goes in the tank (I figured why not replace it while I have the tank out). Once it all gets here I'm going to try to make that fuel line.