View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 08:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

It's developing another weird problem. Sometimes after it sits outside in the parking lot all day (only on a really hot day), it won't start. It will turn over, but it won't even try to start. Then if I let it sit 20-30 min and try again it starts right up. (It still won't start after just 5 or 10 min).

So it has to be something that effects all the cylinders at once, and something that can fix itself.

possible fuel-related problems?
I know it's not the fuel pumps, because I just changed those. Maybe something to do with power getting to one or both of the fuel pumps or to the injectors in that 2 barrel tbi unit? A relay? Couldn't be a blown fuse, that wouldn't repair itself.

I was talking to some guy in the parking lot while I was fooling with it and he said sometimes there's a solenoid operated valve in these tbi units and the solenoid sticks and the valve stays closed and the fuel doesn't get to the injectors.

possible ignition problems?
It couldn't have to do with a spark plug or wire, because that wouldn't effect all cylinders at once. The cap and rotor are new. Ignition coil?

Anyway, any ideas? I have no time to work on anything right now, but I'll have a week off in two weeks from now and I hope to get this sorted then.

Last edited by Adam; 09-26-2020 at 08:26 AM.