View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 11:56 PM
TheUniversalDave1

Angry A TV Collector's Catch 22 (rant)

I'm in a situation. I love collecting TV's, but I hate watching TV. I usually can only make it through one 1/2 hour program at a time. An hour long show with commercials? Forget about it. I just don't have the patience to sit through ridiculous commercials that do nothing but waste my time. I have Direc-TV (that I DO NOT pay for) and there have been times where I lost my patience with it, and hauled out the converter box, rabbit ears, and VCR instead of raising my blood pressure with the Direc-TV stupid big business greed. My mother is paying out the wazoo for this nonsense, and for that price, there should be significantly fewer commercials than what there are. And the channels that I USED to like to watch are blacked out on this Direc-TV. Apparently we have the "blue plate special." I really don't see how people put up with this garbage. If it were up to me, we'd have converter boxes and VCR's in every room. Rant over.