View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 07:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

+1 on Popester's Honda Element recommendation. A good box for boxes. Would have clicked "Like" if we had the button.

One thing to keep a craigslist eye out for is a thing called a Hoyer lift. Used to lift/transfer immobile patients out of beds or chairs, or pick up a fallen individual from the floor. It's configured like an engine lift, and it's hydraulic, and uses a canvas sling for people cargo. They are rated to lift 400 lbs. of human, and are very lightweight and break down into sections that are easily carried and fit in a car trunk. Along with some straps from Harbor Freight, they would do a good job of picking up any TV I've ever run across.

I have one I snagged for $50. I've used it to load/unload 35HP outboards from the back of my Suburban, and a darn heavy electric lawn tractor from a hitch platform. In addition to various bits and pieces around the garage and shop. Plus a person or two, when used for its original purpose.

So if you can wheel the cargo to the back of your truck, this can lift it, without having to carry around and set up something that weighs just as much as the TV you're moving.