View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

ok, heres what i did. i kind of put that little set in a box for another day or a parts set because i got another 1010p from ebay and this one had the same problem. this one had leaky caps and it took 2 days but it works now after changing 4 caps and placing jumper wires from trace to component. this was extremly difficult having to do this using a magnafier. i notice when the trace corrodes it kind of becomes a resistor so a jumper is then needed. but with the other set it never had any caps that leaked and didnt have to put jumpers so i really dont know to this day what is wrong so i may just hold it for parts. the difference between the 2 sets was that the one i cant seem to fix had the line across the screen but it was not to the other end but the set i fixed the line was from left to right all the way. so the fact that the set where the line didnt make it all the way to the other side kind of tells me something different was going on besides verticle sweep. so now i know 100% whats involved in fixing these and it dont seem to matter if the caps leaked or not or changing all the caps nothing i did on this worked. maybe i have to look for the 101 color this time.
Audiokarma