View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 01:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Gorgeous! What a beautiful example. Does the tuner work freely? My Truetone will not change between lo and high band (I think this is a common problem with that odd tuner) a project for next winter.

"it sold for $179.95. It actually was priced the same as the other 7" electrostatic models"
Were you thinking that it was a bargain basement model? I'm thinking that Raytheon had a pretty good reputation after WW2.

jr
Thanks for your comments. When I saw that this one was local and the seller was okay with personal pick-up, I HAD to get it!
I've only switched the tuner back and forth one channel and it seems fine. I plan to just leave it on 3 and input a DVD signal. I know how odd the tuner is on one these and I don't want to throw something out of alignment.
Yes, I had figured that this set might have been maybe $10 less than a Motorola, Emerson, or Admiral, etc.. but it was the same. It just makes you wonder what drew the original buyer to a Raytheon Belmont being that the case. Likely, as you say, the buyer had a high regard for Raytheon. I guess 7" sets like Automatic, Meck, National, Temple, and Tele-tone are even tougher ones to explain the sales draw for the buyer!

Last edited by decojoe67; 04-22-2018 at 05:54 PM.