View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 11:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Which model (or chassis) of RCA color TV is this?

This set has the same tuner panel (with the single channel selector knob, and the slide-rule UHF channel indicator with the orange pointer and aqua channel numbers) as my grandparents had when our TV at home was only black-and-white, and I remember it quite well - really, really wanted a color TV in our home.

I think their set was the same as this, about the same size, though theirs may (or may not) have had some wooden decorations along the top at the front of the set.

My mom had always said that this was one of the last "roundies", and that most color TV sets were rectangular even when Grandpa bought his.

I always had assumed that this would have been a CTC-16 set as it was one of the last RCA chassis for a round tube produced in large numbers. However, I recently found a brochure for 16s online, and none of them had the tuner panel like on the set I've pictured here.

Unfortunately for me, this set is in a museum (worse, it's just sitting there, unplugged, on the floor, standing alone, and not part of any exhibit),

As you may have guessed, I would like to find a set like this. I happen to have a 21FJP22 that tests excellent on a tester. What models of RCA sets looked like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCA CTC unk.jpg (34.0 KB, 211 views)