View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 01:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi All,

Well, a busy week here but still managed to get a lick in on the Predicta. I got the main PCB removed and started to remove and replace components. I am going with a blanket replacement of paper caps, couplates and resistors. I've come up with a few questions from the components values.

C25: Looks like a little resistor with two black bands. Sam's says it is a 1uF?! I must be reading that wrong, but it would seem that 1pF is the only other interpretation.

R49 and R52: R49 is a 3600 ohm. The notes says this goes with a PCB marked with a yellow dot. R52 is a 2.7mOhm and the notes says this goes with a PCB that has an orange dot. I see no dots on my PCB but I do see a green stripe. I'm guessing I should stick with the values that are in the board, but anyone have any insight?

Over all the board is in decent shape. I have one 7 pin socket that needs replacement. All the 9 pin sockets look OK. In my stash I found some PCB mount 9 pin sockets, one of which is the same make and number but appears a little later. The other ones I have are even cheaper looking than the originals. I'm not sure if I should replace all of them or just the borked one.

Jonathan