View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks James but I have since fixed the issue. I left the wiper in place and put a small bend on the section that makes contact with the bushing.

I then sprayed some DeOxit onto my finger and wiped it across the brass bushing. Then I put everything back together and tested the pot. It now works like it should! Wow, getting those c-clips off is a real pain in the butt. The first time I took it off it was fairly easy. This last time was hard and I ended up breaking it. You can see the broken half in the photo. I'll need to head down to Ace Hardware and see if they have some. In the meantime I used a small piece from a paper clip to hlod the shaft in place.

One last question. Any issues with applying DeOxit where the wiper makes contact with the tapered resistance element? I wasn’t thinking of spraying the whole thing. Just spraying some on my finger again and wiping it only in the area where the wiper makes contact with it. I know there have been warnings about spraying the wafers on the switch contacts. From what I have read the wafers can absorb the spray and then intermittents abound.

Thanks,
Geoff