View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 03:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chester View Post
Without addressing subjective quality issues, the average reality TV show is a bear to produce. Instead of having a written, presumably efficient plan that cast and crew follows, reality TV relies on multi-camera coverage to the extreme. This over-shooting results in tons of footage that has to be screened and logged (by producers -- the non-financial, non-decisionmaking kind ) in order to be edited together to produce the desired story line. (The story line is not left to chance as much as would be expected.) Reality show low-level producers are subject to extremely long hours with very low average pay, as there is always someone standing by in the wings to take their place as a "producer on a national network TV show". I would guess that reality shows shoot and log at least four times as much footage as a scripted multi-camera show does.

Chip
Thanks Chip for the info and explaining it .Yes .OK Low paid producers.I'm surprise with the unions they can get away with it. I figure they had to sort of hours of video in order to edit the show together.Theres room for error for wrong scene call ups.I wonder how many hours of the Kardashian's over shoots on the cutting room floor.

Yes with script shows.Everything is organized with the script and the storyboard.The cast should cruise through it with a couple of takes.
Audiokarma