View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow
I have posted a picture from an article on new 1968 Color TV sets. The description: "Andrea's top-of-the-line color model for 1968 is truly unique. Aptly labeled "Theater in the Round," this combonation model is constructed on a swivel base which permits 360 degree rotation. The unit contains a 23" color TV, solid state stereo amplifier with a Garrard 60 MKII turntable, and a solid state AM-FM radio equipped with FM multiplex. Other new Andrea color models for '68 include three 23" consoles, one of which is a rollabout design."

In the 1967 guide it mentions that the Andrea chassis uses three video amplifier stages. In the 1969 guide they mention only one model, #VCX325-5, a 23" console with printed circuits & remote with a list price of $1065.
I've actually saw one of these in person before and had thought that they were very unusual but interesting at the same time. I guess they were really popular back in the day when the manufactures would put tv/stereos in coffee tables, end tables, ect. I do remember that it had a great picture on it. I've seen a couple of these thru-out the years posted on Ebay and they usually fetch a good buck. Definately rare as hens teeth these days.
-Tony