View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 08:28 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtest View Post

Now excuse my lack of knowledge but what is the "fade"? I don't think I've heard that term. Is it a term with solid state sets as well? I repair a ton of those but haven't heard that term yet.

Oh speaking of solid state, does the B&K also have a use with solid state sets?
Fade is not a TV term, but rather a summary of what I think I remember you posting...I thought you described the RCA as powering up with raster and the light on the screen gradually fading out to a black screen as the horizontal slowly died...IIRC you also made it sound as though you could power it off for a while and it would do the same thing all over again.....Forgive me if my summary of what I thought I read is wrong I've had a busy week and there is a ton of crap floating around in my memory presently.

Later B&Ks (IIRC the 1077) were designed to work with SS TVs too.

Unit 1 probably is good enough to try with the RCA assuming it does not fill vertically (if horizontal is small that could be a problem)...Also it may be designed not to fill vertically...IIRC the slide image is shorter than the CRT...The CRT only needs to scan a pinch below and above the top of the image on the slide but does not need to scan to the top of the slide its self...If it did the image would have big white bars above and below it when displayed on a TV which is not what anyone wants.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4