Thread: Apologies....
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:59 AM
Resident Lunatic

I can even understand the disrespect and distrust now; it's a natural reaction to anger.

I had an individual actually get into my vehicle and threaten me while I was stopped at a stop sign between McNichols and Gratiot along Gunston. I was on the way back home from planting flowers on my grandparents graves in Mt. Olivet cemetery.

Later in the same month, my home was broken into and I not only had a considerable number of items stolen, but a large number of items smashed and destroyed and then left.

Both perpetrators were members of a particular group, though I'll decline to get into that aspect. Needless to say, I was distrustful and disillusioned for a time. That said, at the end of the day we must ultimately make a decision to either continue to hold onto our anger, distrust, disrespect, etc, or forgive them for our own sake, move on, and try not to hold onto negative feelings toward people with no involvement whatsoever. I will say that is easier said than done, and I don't begrudge anyone that can't or won't do so.