Thread: Pilot tv
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 12:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Do you have a B&K 1075/76/77 TV analyst? Those units are made for these type of issues. If you have one set it to IF and inject at full blast at the grid of the 3rd IF with the TV's contrast maxed (depending on IF gain you may need to inject at the grid of the second to get a picture or sound). If you don't get picture from the IF, then inject raw video after the detector, and if you then get an image suspect the detector if not the problem is in the video amp or CRT. If you get picture injecting in the IF work your way back through the IF injecting at grids and plates. If all IF stages work then inject IF at the antenna terminals it should pass straight through the tuner....If not the RF amp is having issues or some other open in the signal path has occurred. If IF does pass through the tuner but it will not tune any RF channel then the oscillator in the tuner is likely not working.

IMHO an analyst is essential for these kinds of issues because if you don't have it to isolate the stage the problem is in there are so any stages that could be at fault that at best you will waste your time checking everything in depth to find the problem, or at worst just end up chasing your tail and get nowhere.
I don't have that b&k so I'll have to do this another way. What gets me is nothing was touched and it just disappeared it was fine the only issue I had to look at was the hv. So this set don't have sound either so I'll try what you mentioned here. I do have a raster so if the crt was no good I should still have sound but no picture. The detector, the ratio detector because at that can next to the ratio detect tube ,6al5 , the SAMs shows the letter A so I hooked a single ant lead to that and get static like there is no antenna but that's it, no sound or video just static. I also sent a DVDs player signal to that A point and got nothing just distortion in the raster. None of this makes much sense to me...