View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 10:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

I ordered two. As of 10:10 PM CST, my reference # 255542. Im curious if this reference number started at "0" indicating total cumulative requests? We will probably never know. Im glad I got my order in on the 1st day of the new year. I was tipped off by a news report on AM radio that the coupon program for the digital to analog converter box program starts today. Then I noticed this thread!
Whats the deal? Are all the transmitters just simultaneously going to shut off at midnight on 2-19-09? I would figure there would be more of a "transition" for shut off dates, like channel 2 shuts off on January 29th, channel 7 might be the February 17th for example. There still seems to be much of a grey area as to what is really going to happen. If it does, Im going to make sure I record the analog signal shut off on all the chicagoland stations. That way, I'll be able to capture the last seconds of the NTSC transmittions. I really hope this doesnt happen though. My wishful thinking is that its the governments attempt to initiate the move by scaring poeple that analog broadcast will be gone, yet the reality of the shut off, if it does happen will be not be until much later, as in years later.........
I work in chicago, and I can tell you, many people watch OTA TV. I forsee a public outcry if everything just shuts off.
Perhaps this will be like the big "transition" to the metric system.............We can only hope!

Last edited by drh4683; 01-01-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Audiokarma